Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Air Pressure, Inner Ear Damage, & Migraines...need advice

Bobblehead hates storms now

Okay, I need help. If I can identify the major two triggers of my migraine attacks they would be fatigue and low pressure systems. I am working on the fatigue (I actually have been sleeping fairly well this week) so that does not overly concern me. However, the Atomic City is over 7,000 feet above sea level in altitude. We have lower pressure as is. When a storm comes through the Bobblehead bobbles out of control. A damaged middle-ear and low pressure do not go together well. And I have no doubt that setting my ear off triggers the migraines which makes me a grumpy Bobblehead which in turn makes the Bobblehead's loving family start thinking of ways of hiding his body.... A colleague and pilot told me of the Valsalva Manuever and I tried it during this last rain storm. It did make my dizziness go away for a few minutes but overall, zilch. I know, whine whine whine whine. I have been taking some homeopathic migraine abortives, with great success I might add. GelStat Migraine (a mixture of feverfew and ginger you put under your tongue) works a good 40% of the time. The other 60% I either take nothing (rebound headaches scare me) or my normal abortive. What I am looking for is a preventive for days I know a low pressure system is coming. Or a non-pharmaceutical abortive during a storm. I know, I might be shooting for the moon. Anyhow, if you have anything that works, please leave a comment. If you want the Bobblehead to stop whining, also leave a comment. I will continue to whine but I will feel better allowing you to let off some steam... Many thanks.

[posted by Bobblehead]

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just wanted you to know that I believe I'm experiencing the same thing. I was originally diagnosed with Meniere's Disease, but the last two times I've experienced my vertigo, it was just prior to an incoming low-pressure storm system. I joke, telling my wife I'm a weatherman.

    Reading your post gives me hope that I am not alone and that there are others out there experiencing the same things and that it might lead to a temporary fix, preventative measure, or cure altogether.


Spread you radioactive wasted comments here