Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Under (Blood) Pressure

Did the Coyote have hypertension?

Bobblehead has high blood pressure. I cannot shake it. My family has a history of kidney problems and heaven knows I had severe kidneys problems when I was 300+ pounds before my weight loss surgery. Today I still “spill” a little protein in my urine and I cannot get my BP under 120/70. I saw my nephrologist of many years Monday in Albuquerque. She is thrilled I am down so much in my weight. We compared Century Bike Riding stories and griped about health care in general. She is great.

My BP is not that high...it runs around 130-135/80-100. That is most likely due to the damage my kidneys suffered earlier. Kidneys do not heal well. Screw them up and they remain screwed for life. My weight is good, I drink a lot of water, keep fit, try to keep my sodium down, yadda yadda. No go. I will increase my BP meds up a tad to try to keep it in check. The good news is that BP medicine, Diovan, is also a documented migraine preventative.

By the way, I love this site:www.bloodpressuretracker.com. Of course, I am a geek...

[posted by Bobblehead]

0 comments: