Friday, February 08, 2008

Wow, that was fast. ICE your phone

In my previous post I wrote briefly teasing about ICEing your cell phone. Add the contact ICE: In case of emergency. I have it and so do any number of colleagues and bicycling friends. Two minutes after I post I wander over to CNN and what do I see?

If You Get Hit By A Bus Tomorrow:
For the cell phone entries, Balduzzi once again recommends redundancy. Emergency workers know to look for “ICE” which stands for “In Case of Emergency.” An “AA” will keep the number at the top of your contacts list. “AA ICE” or “AA Emergency info” or “ICE spouse,” are all good ideas for cell phone entries.

But the cell phone isn't enough, King says. “When your car hits the tree at 50 mph, the cell phone goes flying,” she says. “The wallet you're sitting on is much more likely to still be there.”

Good article that satisfies even the most paranoid Bobblehead...

[posted by Bobblehead]

0 comments: