Monday, March 17, 2008

Sick of Spitzer

cpottery12.png

What a Crock...

Okay, it is official. The Bobblehead is officially sick of Elliot Spitzer stories. I have always held low opinions of the dirt-bag man but my patience with the news stories is over. Yes, the gal he, uh, visited is a knock-out. She also has the tragic life history shared by most prostitutes. Although now she will be famous and, if she plays her cards right, filthy (in more ways than one) rich.
Spitzer, on the other hand, is just another in the long line of power hungry people (usually, but not always men) that live a do as I say and not as I do campaign. I hope he ends up in a PMITA prison cell and his wife, after smiling and standing by her man, dumps his lousy ass.
Now, this may come as a surprise to you, I am for legalizing prostitution. My view points are fairly libertarian in nature. I understand the basis for anti-prostitution laws (and anti-drug laws, etc.) but come on...The driving factor that makes prostitution so bad is the crime and pimping that surrounds it (oh, and the drugs...sober prostitutes are not the norm).
So, Elliot's transactions with this gal was wrong between his wife and himself and should not concern us, right?
Wrong.
Public officials, especially those in the executive branch, have an obligation to uphold and execute the laws of the land and to not puke on abuse the public trust. Spitzer was making some progress on cleaning up the illegal sex trade (including the awful trading of children for sex...something that even the hardest Libertarians are not for). His credibility is shot and forward momentum is stalled...maybe for good. See, even if he disagrees with the laws of the land, as an executive he has a sworn obligation to enforce regardless. If he does not like the laws, he should be on the legislature. That is why he can veto, not sign, or ratify new bills. Checks and balances work when power is not abused.
Ding dong.
I do not care if they are Democrats (think Bill Clinton) or Republicans (think Larry Craig...who has still not resigned!). Scum Bags are cross party.
Hurrumph!
Believe it or not, it was my every intent for Atomic City to be a political blog and not one on health issues. Only politics, which I follow closely, only lead to my heightened blood pressure.
Damned Spitzer...where are my blood pressure pills?...

[posted by Bobblehead]

0 comments: