Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What Is Wrong With People?


Will you shut up, already?

So, Bobblehead joined the countless number of individuals who went to see the Dark Knight this weekend. The movie was very good. Ledger's performance was spectacular. It is a tragedy that he burned himself out so early.

0720081301.jpg

But this post is not about the movie. It is about the masses in the theater.

Bobblehead loves going to the movies. I enjoy the big screen, the sound. I just usually enjoy the theater experience.

Usually.

The theater, a fairly new one in Santa Fe,NM, was not packed but it was fairly full. There was no doubt going in to this movie that it would be violent. It also would be loud, and long. It was rated PG-13. I saw any number of 10-12 year old boys and girls with their parents. I would not have brought my 10 year old. But that was okay.

What was upsetting was the number of really young kids in the theater. Babies, 3 year olds. They were loud. They got scared and started to cry. One boy behind me spoke through the whole film. It was more than annoying.

Kid's fault? Nope. Stupid parents.

I brought my kids to some movies I wanted to see (none which I thought would be this scary) also when they were younger. And if they acted up, we went out of the theater For the most part I stopped seeing a number of films for a while that did not have some sort of talking animal in it.

Is that enough to get me upset? Nope.

The guy in front of me (he was in his sixties so the asshat should have known better) kept answering his cell phone. He did get up (in front of me) and leave the theater every time it rang. It rang four times during the movie. I had my cell phone with me. The ringer was off.

Then I think it was bathroom express. People were coming and going in and out of the theater constantly. I had to get up numerous times to let people out. I had my head and chair bumped several time from the people behind me. It was a parade.

Maybe I am slowly getting to the age where I am becoming an old fogey but what the heck? When did we become so rude? Part of watching a movie on DVD or cable is that you can do what you want in your home without bothering everyone around you (except your family, but you get bonus points for bothering them!). I enjoyed the movie but I am in no rush to run out for an opening of a big movie again anytime soon.

Hurumph!


[posted by ♠ Bobblehead ♠]

0 comments: